Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
The section’s vision is to create and maintain a social environment that facilitates well being of the Pensioners, Persons with Disabilities, Transgenders, Victims of Substance Abuse and Senior Citizens regulated and administrated by SSEPD Department, Govt of Odisha.
The section’s Mission is to mobilize and apply financial, physical, intellectual and social capital for the welfare of Pensioners, Persons with Disabilities, Transgenders, Victims of Substance Abuse and Senior Citizens by networking and converging with Community Based Organizations, NGOs, Banks, Government Organizations, Professionals, Research Organizations and other stakeholders under the direct control of District Magistrate & Collector Koraput
National Social Assistance Programme
The National Social Assistance Programmes (NSAP) which came into effect from 15th August, 1995 represents a significant step towards the fulfillment of the Directive Principles in Article 41 of the Constitution. NSAP at present comprises of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS), Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS), Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS) and National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS) .
The programmes introduced a National Policy for Social Assistance for the poor and aims at ensuring minimum national standard for social assistance in addition to the benefits that states are currently providing or might provide in future.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension
This is a Govt. of India funded Scheme where the beneficiaries receive a pension ® Rs. 300/- per month under the Scheme, out of which the state government bears Rs. 100/- per month per beneficiary. Persons above 80 years of age will receive Rs.500/- PM.
People in the BPL category with in the age of 60 years and above. The present target is 60203 (60-79 years) and 5664 (80 years and above) totaling to 65867 beneficiaries.
Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension
A centrally sponsored scheme implemented in the State where the beneficiaries receive pension ® Rs. 300/- per month under the Scheme.
Widows within the age of 40 years and above in the BPL category. The total target at present is 24378 (40-59 years) beneficiaries.
Indira Gandhi National Disabled Pension
This is a Govt. of India funded Scheme where the target group receives pension ® Rs. 500/- per month
People living below the poverty line within the age group of 18-79 years with disabilities. Present target is 2521 (18-59 years ) beneficiaries.
National Family Benefit Scheme
In the event of death of the primary bread earner of families living below the poverty line, the bereaved families are assisted with a financial assistance of Rs. 20,000/- .
Families of the deceased living below the poverty line.
Madhu Babu Pension Yojna
In January 2008, State Government merged two old schemes, namely, Revised Old Age Pension Rules, 1989 Et Disability Pension Rules, 1985 and introduced the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Rules, 2008.
Eligibility: A person will be eligible for pension if He/She-
- is of 60 years of age and above
- Or, is a widow (irrespective of age) (WP)
- Or, is a leprosy patient with visible signs of deformity (irrespective of age).
- Or, is a person of 5 years of age or, above and unable to do normal work due to his/her deformity or disability being blind or, orthopedically handicapped or, mentally retarded or, with cerebral palsy.
- Or, a widow of AIDS patient (irrespective of age and income criteria mentioned under Rule 6(b).
- Or, an AIDS patient identified by the State / District AIDS Control Society (irrespective of income as under Rule 6 (b).
- has family income from all sources not exceeding Rs.24,000/- per annum (Tahasildar concerned to certify).
- ls a permanent resident / domicile of Odisha.
- Is not in receipt of any other pension from the union Government or the state government or any organization aided by either Government.
- Rs 300(60-79 years) and Rs.500 (80 years & above / PwD pensioners having 60 % disabilities or more) per beneficiary per month.
- The pension due to beneficiary gets disbursed on 15th of every month, on JANA SEWA DlWAS in denomination of Rs 100 by BDO or any officer subordinate to BDO (in rural area) in Gram Panchayat Office and by Executive Officer of ULB or any officer subordinate to Executive Officer of ULB at Municipal Office in the urban area.
People living below the poverty line/low income group below income to Rs 24000.00 per annum within the age group of 18-79 years with disabilities. Present target is 80707 beneficiaries