Labour & ESI
About the Organization :
The Divisional Labour Office, Jeypore discharges following important functions.
- . Maintaining industrial peace and harmony including settlement of industrial dispute, implementation of settlements as well as awards passed by industrial tribunals and labour courts matters relating to strike, lockout, layoff, retrenchment, closure and prosecution under Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Filing of claim cases and prosecutions under Minimum Wages Act and Payment of Wages Act.
- Registration and Licensing under Contract labour (R & A ) Act, Interstate Migrant Workers ( RE & CS) Act, Odisha stops and Commercial Establishment Act, Motor Transport Workers Act.
- Registration of Trade Unions under Trade Unions Act and verification of membership of Trade Unions for recognition through secret ballot as per the verification of membership and recognition of Trade Union Rules 1994.
- Ensuring payment of notified minimum wages to workers particularly engaged in the unorganized sector under Minimum Wages Act.
- Ensuring social security benefits to the workers both in organized and unorganized sectors under (1) Maternity Benefits Act. (2) Payment Of gratuity Act (3) Workmen’s Compensation Act to both male and female workers.
- Providing protection to labour with special emphasis to eliminate and prevention of child labour system under child and Adolescent Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act.
- Ensuring payment of equal remuneration to female workers both in organized and unorganized sector at par with workers doing same and similar work under Equal Remuneration Act.
- Preventing illegal and unauthorized drafting and exploitation of migrant labour through unscrupulous middle men to other states under Inter State Migrant Workmen (RE & CS) Act.
- Prohibition and regulation of Contract Labour system in different industries in the state under contarct labour ( Regulation and Abolition ) Act.
- Regulation of employment of construction workers in the state under Building and Other Construction Workers (RE & CS) Act.
- To provide social security and welfare of the unorganised workers(meaning home-based workers, self-employed workers or daily-wage workers) under Unorganized Workers’ Social Security Act 2008 .
- The Odisha Labour Welfare Fund Rules is an act to provide for the constitution of a fund for the financing of activities to promote welfare of labour in the district.
Address/ Location of Office:
Divisional Labour Office,Jeypore
Mail id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of Programme and scheme:
Name of the Scheme :
- The Building and other Construction workers (Regulation of Employment and condition of Service) Act, 1996 (Central Act) and Rules 2002.
- The Unorganized Workers Social Security Act, 2007 and Rules 2010.
Details about the Scheme :
The Building and Other Construction Workers’ (RE&CS) Act has been enacted to regulate of employment and condition of service of Building and Other Construction Workers and to provide for their safety, health and welfare measures and for other matters connected there with or incidental there to. The Board extends the following Benefits to registered Building & Other
|Assistance in case of accident|
|Permanent total disability due to accident||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
|Loss of one limb / eye||Rs.80,000/-|
|Permanent disability without loss of two limbs/ eyes||Rs.40,000/-|
|Normal death||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Accidental death||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|Assistance for Funeral Expenses||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Medical expenses for treatment of major ailments(on completion of 1 year)||Benefits at par with RSBY|
|Educational Assistance (For Girls)
Class- 6th & 7th (Girls)
|Rs. 2,000/- per annum|
|Educational Assistance (For Boys & Girls)|
|Class-8th||Rs. 2,000/- per annum|
|Class- 9th||Rs. 3,000/- per annum|
|Class- 10th||Rs.4,000/- per annuam|
|Class- 11th & 12th||Rs.5,000/- per annuam|
|ITI||Rs. 7,000/- per annum|
|Diploma/ Polytechnic||Rs.10,000/- per annum|
|B. Tech/ MCA/ MBA/ B. Arch./ M. Arch./ M. Tech/ M. Sc./ B. Pharm/ M. Pharm/ Hotel Management & Catering Services/ Medical||Rs.40,000/- per annum|
|Marriage Assistance(on completion of 1 year)||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Maternity Benefit(on completion of 1 year)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Assistance for Purchase of Working Tools||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Assistance for Purchase of Bi-cycle (on completion of 1 year)||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Assistance for Purchase of Safety Equipment(Helmet, Safety Shoe & Gloves)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Housing Scheme namely Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana (NSPGY) (on completion of 1 year)||Rs. 1,30,000 /- (max)|
|Nirman Shramika Pension Yojana (NSPY)||Rs.300/- per month|
Benefits to be extended to the registered beneficiary/ or his family members
|Accident and Death benefits|
|Accidental Death Benefit||Rs. 2,00,000/-|
|Normal Death Benefit||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Permanent Disability Benefit due to accident||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
|Partial Disability Benefit for loss of both limbs||Rs. 80,000/-|
|Partial Disability Benefit for loss of one limbs||Rs. 40,000/-|
|Health Assistance: This assistance will be extended to the beneficiary and /or family members in convergence with Health and Family Welfare Department from the existing Government Scheme.|
Forms and Procedure to apply
- Every construction worker has to apply in prescribed form with registration fee amounting to Rs.20/- by enclosing
- Photo copy of Voter ID Card
- Photo copy of Adhaar Card
- Photo copy Bank Pass Book
- 4 passport size photo
- The application form needs to be certified by the trade Union
- Register employee or Inspector (Employment certificate).
- Every unorganized worker who has completed eighteen years of age, but has not completed sixty years of age and who has been engaged in any unorganized sector shall be eligible for registration of beneficiary under Act.
- Application Form in Form-I
- He/She shall furnish a self certificate (as given in Form-I)
- The registration of workers shall be Rs.30/- and fee for annual renewal shall be Rs.50/-. The fee for any change of nominations and for issue of duplicate identity cards shall be Rs. 20/-(excluding photo of the beneficiary).
Who to contact : District Labour Officer, Jeypore