The office was established in the year 1975 and located at 33.00 km away from district headquarters Koraput and 1.00 km from Govt. Bus stand, Jeypore on the way of NH-26 at 18o52‘ 07.88” N & 82o 34‘ 22.05” E and its altitude 602 mts from the MSL.
The Range office of the Deputy Director of Agriculture, Koraput Range, Jeypore situated at Jeypore was covering to four un-divided District of Koraput i.e. Koraput, Nabarangpur, Malkangiri & Rayagada earlier. After creation of new Agriculture Ranges during 2009 the office at present looks into the agriculture activities of Koraput Revenue district with four Agriculture District (DAO circles i.e. Jeypore/ Koraput/ Nandapur/ Narayanpatna). There are five small Govt. Agriculture Farms control by the DDA situated in Kotpad, Borigumma, Narayanpatna, Dumuriput & Boipariguda and one big Govt. Agriculture Farm i.e. Mixed Agriculture Farm, Semiliguda. There is a soil testing laboratory situated in Semiliguda running in the premises of Mixed Agriculture Farm, Semiliguda and an Agricultural Engineering office i.e Assistant Agriculture Engineer, at Jeypore. There are 14 Assistant Agriculture Officers are working in the district in each block headquarters.The mandate of Deputy Director of Agriculture (Koraput Range) Jeypore vests with the responsibility to work in the following Aim & Objectives.
is to increase the Agricultural production and productivity in the district for food & nutritional security and farmer’s empowerment through input, technology and extension management.
- To access soil fertility through soil testing and to ameliorate the soil health.
- To make available all the basic inputs like seeds, fertilizers, micronutrients, gypsum, bio-fertilizers, plant protection chemicals, equipment, bio-pesticides and farm implements.
- To encourage farmers for crop diversification in from low remunerative crops to high.
- To intensify of the existing farming system and expansion of area under high remunerative crops through various technological intervention.
- To enhance the crucial input technology knowhow of the farming community of the District through various trainings, demonstrations and exposure visits at various levels.
- To increase seed replacement ratio of cultivated crops for higher production, productivity & profitability.
- To increase access to credit for small and marginal farmers of the District.
- To create awareness on crop insurance among the farming community.
- To popularise farm mechanization for effective and timely completion of farm operations.
- To facilitate the farmers to avail the all subsidised programme of government for sustainable agricultural development & theirs empowerment.
- To build up interpersonal relationship among the farmers, Scientist & Extension personal.
- To popularize improved methods of crop cultivation through skill & method demonstration and Popularization of new varieties.
- To promote organic farming free from chemicals and pesticides residues by adopting eco-friendly low cost technologies.
- To carry the all departmental programmes in the district for sustainable agril. development & farmers Empowerment.
Agro Climatic Zone:
|Sl No||Item||Koraput Agriculture District(Eastern Ghat Highland)||Koraput Agriculture District(South Ghat)||Koraput Revenue District|
|1||Climate||Warm & Humid||Warm & Humid||Warm & Humid|
|2||Mean Annual Rain Fall (MM)||1521||1710||1567|
|3||Mean Max. Summer Temp.||34.1o C||34.1o C||34.1o C|
|4||Mean Min. Winter Temp.||7.5o C||13.2o C||10.4o C|
|5||Soil Type||Mostly Red with organic matter content||Red, Red & Yellow mixed soil.||Red, Red & Yellow mixed soil.|
ADDRESS / LOCATION OF THE OFFICE:
Address of Head of the Office:
Deputy Director Agriculture, Koraput Range, Jeypore
At: Parabeda ,P.O.: Jeypore, PIN- 764001, Koraput District, Odisha, India
Tel.: 06854-251423(O), Fax: 06854-251423