District Employment Exchange, Koraput is an office of the Govt, of Odisha and situated at district headquarters of koraput around 1.5 KM from Bus Stand and 1 KM from Railway Station on the National Highway 26 adjacent to Sadar Police Station, Koraput . The Jurisdiction is covers entire revenue district of Koraput.
The main activities of the District Employment Exchange , Koraput are Registration of unemployed youth, placement of job Seekers, extent career counseling and Vocational Guidance, provide Skill Development Training through its Programme Implementing Agencies and collection of Employment Market Information.
The Registration of Un-employed youth is made online in the District Employment Exchange, Koraput for the person who seek employment. The candidates those qualifications is up to general graduate or up to diploma in technical qualification are registered in this office on production of their original and copies of educational qualification certificates, more than twelve years residence or nativity certificate from their local Tahasildar in support of residential proof in the district and Caste certificate from the Tahasildar if any. The regular Govt. or public sector employees can submit their service certificate from their employer for registration of their dependent spouse , children, brother/sister in lieu of Nativity of Residential certificate from the Tahasildar. Ther are 24276 including 7551 women candidates have registered their name and available in the LiveRegister of District Employment Exchange, Koraput up April ,2018.
Placement of Job Seekers
On receipt of Notification of vacancy from any employer, the District Employment Exchange, Koraput sponsor the name of the eligible candidates matching the educational qualification and age profile as per the requirement of the employer. As per the instruction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, most of the employers recruit their vacancies directly by making notification in leading News papers by which willing and eligible candidates cand apply by submitting their valid Employment Registration Number and avail the opportunity of placement . 52 candidates were placed in the year 2017 through Employment Exchange, Koraput and results of selection for the year 2017 is awaited from the employers.
Placement through job Fair
The District Employment Exchange, Koraput is organizing job Fairs in the District every year for providing placement in the private Sector Companies. Candidates can get the best opportunity for placement at their door step . In the year 2017-18/ 354 candidates were offered job letter by the 11 companis and 667 candidates were selected for placement Linked Skill Development Training by the 20 Programme Implementing Agencies of Private Sector Companies.
Career Counseling and Vocational Guidance
A career counseling and Vocational Guidance unit is functioning in the District D=Employment Exchange, Koraput under Supervision of District Employment Officer, Koraput. Willing Candidates are guided for different careers for employment as well as self employment opportunities available. Eligible and willing candidates are also guided for military and para-military services.
Skill Development Training
The Govt. of Odisha under Odisha Development Authority has made MoU with the Private Companies for providing Skill Development Training as per their requirement and provide placement in the same company to the trained unemployed candidates. In the process, the programme Implementing Agencies are in active participation in the District for providing Skill Development Training free of cost with lodging and fooding and two sets of uniform during the training period borne by the Govt. of Odisha. The District Employment Exchange, Koraput counsel the willing and eligible candidates by making Block Level Counseling Camps and sponsor them to the programme Implementing Agencies for placement Linked Skill Development Training. 256 candidates were trained in different trades in the year 2017 in the koraput district under the placement Linked Skill Development Training Programme.
Employment Market Information
The District Employment Exchange, Koraput collects quarterly employment return ( ER-I ) and biennial occupational return ( ER-Ii ) from the public and private sector establishments of the district in the prescribed forms as per Compulsory Notification of Vacancies Act 1959 and submit the same t the Director General of Employment and Training ( DGET) New Delhi for varying out periodic programme of evaluation of policies and procedures.
District Employment Exchange, Koraput took utmost care of the each and every unemployed Youth who visit this office for their career counseling, Skill Development training for self employment and employment and guidance for placement.
GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE, KORAPUT
TRAINING & PLACEMENT :-
There is one Central Placement Cell working under the district supervision of DTE&T, Odisha for conduction recruitment drives for getting placement in various State Government Departments/Public Sectors/Private Sectors/Defence etc. Diploma passed out students have been employed in industries like TATA Steel , Hindalco , ACC Cement , Mahindra & Mahindra, JK Paper Ltd. Essar Steel , Adani Groups, Adhunik Metallics & various other reputed industries with a handsome package. Many students of this institution have been employed in Railway / Nalco / RSP etc and become role models for others.
WELFARE & MOTIVATIONAL SCHEMES :-
The following scholarships/assistance is being awarded to the students reading in this institution.
- Merit cum poverty scholarships for 10% students in each discipline.
- Post-Metric scholarship & other financial assistance for SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/Minority Community students reading in this institution.
- Financial assistance to complete the study, if the parents/ financial guardian of the student dies during study period.
- One time scholarship of Rs.6000/- to eligible Topper Student in each semester examination .
- Tuition fee Waiver Scheme for admission to 5% supernumerary seat in all institution for the sons and daughter of parents whose annual income from all sources is less than Rs.6.00Lakh or the amount fixed by Govt. from time to time.
- National Scholarship / Junior Scholarship basing on HSC marks.
- Financial Assistance under “ VIDYARTHI SURAKSHYA” group Insurance scheme.
- The admission to all diploma level programmes in the State ( All intakes of Govt. Engineering School, Odisha Quota in outside State Polytechnic decided by MHRD and all seats of private Engineering School & Polytechnic ) are made through Diploma Admission Committtee.
The Institution has one 50 seater Bus plying from Ambaguda bus stand to this institution on every working day. Which can be extended to jeypore town on students demand.
Limited hostel facility is available for both boys and girls and Hostel Fee [at]3000/- peryear will be charged from hostel Boarders.
OTHER FACILITIES :-
- A well furnished Library cum reading room with e-library facility is available.
- A 100 Seated Computer Lab with 10 Mbps ( Speed ) Internet connections with Wi-Fi Facility is available.
- For advanced learning process a Smart class and Communication ( Language ) lab are available for imparting quality education to the students by well qualified teachers.
ADMISSION PROCESS :-
- Admission process will be done ONLINE and generally commences from the month of April every year.
- This year online admission process has already been started and last date for online registration & submission of application is 8-june-2018. In case of any difficulty please contact the following number for online registration at this institute.
- For further more information place vist our institution webstie www.govtpolytechnickoraput.org Or contact Sri Ruhia Hansda, Lecture ( Electrical ), Mob- 7381868462 / Sri L.D.Sethy , Lect ( CSE ) ,Mob-7008319275
FEE STRUCTURE :-
- Admission Fee in case of candidates admitted under Tuition Fee Waiver ( TFW ) Scheme whose parents income is less than 6 lakh per anum is Rs.3300/- per year.
- Admission Fee in case of SC & ST Category candidates whose parents income is more than Rs.2,50,000/- per year.
- Admission Fee in case of SC & ST Category candidates whose parents income is not more than Rs.2,50,000/- is Rs.800/- per year.
- Admission Fee for all other candidates is Rs.5800/- per year.