District Tourist Office functioning since 1976 under the administrative control of Collector, Koraput. This office has got One Tourist Information Center at Vizianagaram Railway Station, Andhra Pradesh.
- Explore the unseen beauty of Koraput District.
- To develop Koraput as one of the most preferred tourist destinations and to place it prominently on the domestic international tourism map.
- To promote sustainable tourism as a means of economic & inclusive growth, social equity & integration.
- To promote the image of Koraput abroad.
- To give high priority to development and promotion of the prime tourism products, conservation of heritage, natural environment, etc.
- Ensuring beneficial outcome to all the stakeholders.
- To promote Sustainable Tourism with a view to create employment opportunities and to bring about socio-economic benefits to the community.
- To preserve, enrich and promote Koraput’s unique cultural heritage, natural resources and environment with a view to achieve sustainable development, tourism promotion in an effective & well coordinated manner.
- To promote Koraput as one stop destination to experience cultural heritage, eco-tourism and rich wilderness so as to boost foreign & domestic tourist arrival in the Koraput District.
Details of Programme and Scheme :
Name of the Scheme : Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana.
Details about the Scheme : “Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana” is to provide a great opportunity to the poor and deprived Senior Citizens of the state to fulfill their long cherished dream of having Tirtha Darshan.
Forms and Procedure to Apply : Forms will be available at District Tourist Office and all block office of the district.
Whom to Contact : Interested Pilgrims should contact to the Collectors Office, Tourist Office or Block Office of the District.
District Tourist Office,
At – Old District Library, Near Aurobindo School,
Po/Ps-Koraput, PIN code-764020,
Telephone No.— 06852-250318
Email Id :touristofficekoraput[at]gmail[dot]com