To achieve the goal the Programme will: |
- build the capacity of marginal groups as individual and grass root institution.
- enhance the access of poor tribal people to land water and forest and increase the productivity of these resources in environmentally sustainable and socially equitable ways;
- encourage and facilitate off-farm enterprise development focused on the needs of poor tribal households;
- monitor the basic food entitlements of tribal households and ensure their access to public food supplies;
- strengthen the institutional capacity of government agencies, Panchayati Raj Institutions, NGOs and civil society to work effectively on a participatory mode for poverty reduction with tribal communities;
- encourage the development of a pro-tribal enabling environment through ensuring that legislation governing control of and access to, development resources by poor tribal households is implemented effectively and recommending other policy improvements;
- build on the indigenous knowledge and values of tribal and blend these with technological innovations to ensure a speedier pace of development.