Under the Universal Immunization Programme (UIP), NRHM, Koraput district is working for all infants protecting against six fatal causes of infant and child mortality like: Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis and Measles. Keeping this in view of Koraput district as follows.
- 08 Nos of District trainers have been trained on Immunization training the field level training will be start after received Training Module.
- Development of model Micro plan in all the PHC with estimation of child beneficiaries and vaccine requirement session wise.
- Regular supply of vaccine with cold chain maintenance
- Monetary provision for vaccine transportation and social mobilization to AWW & Volunteer.
- Catch-up sessions were held to track up and immunize dropout children of underserved pockets besides this quarterly immunization session is held in hard to reach area.
- Check list has been supplied to Health and ICDS supervisors for effective monitoring of quality immunization with injection safety.
- Integrated approach has been made to achieve 100% coverage with better coordination of ANM & AWW.
- Extensive IEC activities are done to aware the community omn importance of immunization.
- Skill up gradation of ANM on cold chain maintenance and injection safety is done at block level.
Immunization data is validated quarterly with support of UNICEF and lacunas are discussed in district and block level meetings.
2. JANANI SURAKHYA YOJANA (JSY):
JSY is proposed by way of modifying the existing National Maternity Benefit Scheme (NMBS). It is linked to provide better diet for pregnant women from BPL families, JSY integrates the cash assistance with antenatal care during pregnancy period, institutional care during delivery and immediate post partum period in health centre. The scope of the scheme covers beneficiaries both from BPL and APL families there by maintaining parity in the society.
Numbers of institutional deliveries are increasing in the district due to implementation of JSY.2005-1006 institutional delivery is 13% during 2006-2007 its increasing to 18%.
- We are able to achieve 18% institutional Delivery in a Kandha tribal dominated hilly Block of Koraput i.e.Laxmipur
- For awarenesss of JSY guidelines and leaflets are printed and circulated at 3 level.
- ASHA Kiran Hospital of Lamtaput is accredited for JSY benefit.
3. ASHA (ACCREDITED SOCIAL HEALTH ACTIVIST
The Primary goal of NRHM is to address the health needs of rural population. ASHA is Community based functionaries. ASHA will be first port of call for any health related demands of deprived sections of the population, especially women and children, who find it difficult to access health services. They will be working as the Community Health volunteers and will look after the basic health needs of the service seekers at the first place.