Assistance to States for Control of Animal Diseases
There are two important central Govt. sponsored programme running throughout the state for betterment of the livestock as follows.
1. Assistance to States for Control of Animal Diseases (ASCAD)
2. NPCBB (National Project on Cattle and Buffalo Breeding)
NPCBB (National Project on Cattle and Buffalo Breeding):
It was launched from October 2000 i.e. during 9th plan period over a period of 10 years in two phases. The 1st phase was implemented from 2001-02 to 2005-06 and the 2nd phase is from 2006-07 to 2010-11.
OBJECTIVES OF NPCBB
- Delivery of improved AI services at the farmers door step by inducting adequate no. of AI workers. ( Gomitras)
- Improve productivity of bovine population by organised breeding through AI or natural service by quality bulls.
- Breed improvement programme for indigenous cattle and buffaloes.
ACTIVITIES UNDER THE PROJECT
- Strengthening of LN2 transport and distribution system.
- Strengthening of field AI network.
- Man power development :
- Training of existing AI workers
- Training of private AI workers
- Training of Professionals
- Strengthening/ establishment of training centers.
- Organization of fertility camps.
- Sexual health control programme.
NPCBB activities in Koraput District:
|Item||2008 - 09||2009 - 10||2010 - 11|